Wednesday, January 25, 2012

He's Fighting For You Today



I think it is human nature to want to defend ourselves. To want to protect.

To desire to right every wrong.

To call the friend to the carpet who actually hasn't been a friend at all.

To try to make things, situations and circumstances just.

But the Lord has a better way. He says in His word that He will fight our battles for us.

I can't count the times I have gone ahead of Him and tried to make it right on my own.

It is so much better if we just let Him fight our battles for us.

I wanted to share a little video with you all today in hopes that it will speak to your heart about this very thing. Just imagine the Lord fighting for you today- Julia Sugarbaker Style.

"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14



6 comments:

Kerri said...

I love this Sibi! I pray that while the Lord is fighting for me today, that HE may use me to fight for my own little girls and others. I am praying over this!
And I just share with you that I truly enjoyed reading your post about your daughter calling 911. Last spring my daughter called 911 as well and even though I assured them that it was my daughter, they sent a cop to my house. My husband is a police officer and I am sure he would appreciate such a call.

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Love this.....Your words inspire me

KK said...

I love this!

Beth said...

Wow, we are talking about this very subject in my Good Morning Girls* email group.

Guilty! I finally had to realize I was working on my own strength trying to organize 2 different volunteer PTA things and nothing I was doing was fruitful. Two days I go I prayed Psalms 19 and 20 over my situation. Hmmm. Within 2 hours, the Lord made 2 things happen that were stalling my efforts. When will I ever learn to ask Him to go before me and be my rear guard so that He may fight my battles, even when they are minor things?
PS 20:1-5 In times of trouble, may the Lord answer your cry. May the name of the God of Jacob keep you safe from all harm. May he send you help from his sanctuary and strengthen you from Jerusalem. May he remember all your gifts and look favorably on your burnt offerings. May he grant your heart's desires and make all your plans succeed. May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory and raise a victory banner in the name of our God. May the Lord answer all your prayers.

Love to you from Texas!

Beth

*“Good Morning Girls” are a group of Christian women who email, facebook, twitter or use text messaging to keep each other accountable for their quiet times. My group doesn't follow the goodmorninggirls.org who is doing Ephesians right now. But we keep each other accountable for our quiet time.

Tiffany said...

Love it! Thanks for the reminder...and the video of "Julia"! I loved that show!!

Becky said...

I love this! I needed this!! And, btw, I named my daughter Julia Carolina after Julia Sugarbaker. True Story.