Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Daddy's Girl ~ {Day Nine}




Welcome To Day Nine in a 31 Day Series

31 Days To Becoming His Pearl.


I love this beautiful demonstration of a Father's love for His daughter.

Some of you have never experienced this type of love here on earth.

There are days that I mourn the fact that I have never experienced this myself.

Some days, I can't get past it.

But God.

He sees and He knows and He loves and pours and covers and heals in the most incredible ways...

Today, I want you to imagine that this is you with your Heavenly Father.

This is how much He loves you .....

He loves you.

He adores you.

He cherishes you.

He thinks you are the most beautiful and most incredible gift on the face of the earth...

He adores you with engraved hands and kisses on the forehand and tears for all the love that swells inside His heart for you....His amazing, incredible, gifted, talented, beautiful and intelligent daughter.

He loves you with this same deep Fatherly love and adoration.....

In spite of what this world has offered us or withheld from us, we each have the opportunity to know and love and grow close with our Heavenly Father. 

What a beautiful gift.

Draw near to Him today and He will draw near to you beautiful friend.  (James 4:8)

I promise He will meet you right where you are.

With all of our flaws and shortcomings and messes and mistakes, He will meet us and pour out His great love right in the middle of it all.

His love is a healing balm.

But we have to lean in and press in and push past everything else in order to receive it.

Think of a Father on His daughter's wedding day.

Think of the sweetness and the tender heart and the beautiful words.

Think of the fact that there isn't anything that would keep him from seeing his daughter that day.

Think of how he waits for her to turn the corner, walk in the room, or grace the staircase.

Think of all the love that he lavishes on her that day.

This is exactly how your heavenly Father feels about you....every, single day.

Only magnify that about ten thousand times.

Today, turn to day nine in your journal and let your heart spill and allow His love to fill...

Every space and place inside your heart where there is a Father wound.

You are not an orphan.

You are a daughter. 

Allow Him the chance to show you how much you are loved today.

I pray that He would chase after you and pursue you in the most incredible ways today. I pray that He would absolutely open up the flood gates of His great love and saturate you with answers to prayers and that He would pour out miracles, signs and wonders today to prove to you that He sees you, He knows you and that He absolutely loves you more than you can think, hope or imagine....


You can follow along with Moment Junkie here for more incredible photographs.

And also a beautiful post on first look with Dad by the Southern Weddings Team here.


If you would like to follow along with this series you can find the landing page and all posts here.

6 comments:

Nathali {Glorious Peonies} said...

You have no idea how much you have blessed me with this post! I never got to experience having my dad around so being reminded that God is my father who loves me unconditionally makes me so happy! Thank you so much! Amazing post :)

Love Being A Nonny said...

So thankful your babies have this..............

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

I could hardly get past the photo. Tears. I think I'll look at this image again and again.

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Had to come back and tell you God's words for me today. I think they are for you, too. Perfect for this post. "You are altogether beautiful, my darling; there is no flaw in you." (Song of Songs 4:7)

RachelRAdams said...

Oh beautiful friend, this is precious, beautiful, amazing writing. Thank you.... thank you.... you know how much this means to me. Love and hugs sweet girl!

Unknown said...

Sibi,
I recently came across your blog, and I just want you to know how very inspiring I find you to be, and how very much I am touched by your words and your deep love and devotion to The Lord. I am not certain of the hurts that you have experienced, but I have struggled through many issues with both of my parents, especially feelings of abandonment and disappointment, and even though I can sense the pain in your words, I admire your deep faith and knowledge that God holds you so close to Him. I aspire to know him so much more. I am truly a novice in my faith, trying to open myself up to The Lord and feel his unwavering love and acceptance for me. So many days I struggle with trying to please Him, knowing that I have so far to go. I am truly blown away by your words. Thank you for your gift of sharing yourself with me. It truly touches my heart.