Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Total Forgiveness





Good morning beautiful friends!

I wanted to post about the book I mentioned last night and offer a link to R.T. Kendall's ministry.

My copy of Total Forgiveness is much older and I have not read this new and updated version yet!

God used this amazing book to help me while I was stuck underneath mountains of offense and pain.

R.T. says this:

"What God did for me he will do for you. All of us have a story to tell. Chances are you have a story, if told, far outweighs mine in terms of unfairness and hurt. I reply: the greater the suffering the greater the anointing and blessing – if you truly totally forgive them. Your life will change and make you a great blessing – and, most of all; you will be blessed with extraordinary grace and freedom."

I shared a little last night that my struggle was wrapped around my wrong thinking.

I truly felt that if I forgave - that it meant that I was in agreement with it or that it was "okay."

I also believed that if I forgave them that I was actually giving them permission to do it all over again.

And so I remained stuck in that thinking for years and years.

R.T. so beautifully breaks down everything forgiveness is and everything forgiveness is not - using sound biblical teaching.  

It set me free.

I have had the honor of listening to R.T. teach in person on this subject and it was life changing for me.

If there is any way your church can extend an invitation for R.T. to come and speak- you will be blessed!

I do not know him personally at all- but God's ministry through him changed my life in such a way for the better that I just wanted to share it with you all.




Here are two more books that he has written on this subject. Totally Forgiving God and How To Forgive Ourselves- Totally. I have not read either one, but I am sure they will bless you tremendously!



I know that forgiveness is a sensitive subject for many. It is something that is tied to pain and suffering and sometimes extremely unfortunate events. I mentioned last night that we can't always forgive and forget. We can choose to forgive and God can bring us to such a place of healing that the turn of events do not hurt anymore- even though we still remember.  God can use the places that the enemy meant for harm, for our good and for His glory.

God can take our places of pain and make it our platform once He has brought healing. Truly.

I want to encourage you that God will meet you right where you are with this. He is such a loving Father and wants to set us free in every possible way.

One of the scriptures I shared was from 1Peter 3:9 

"Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing." 

When we bless those who have hurt us or who have caused the sorrow, we inherit a blessing.

God is so good.

I also shared Mark 11:24-26

"Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and your will have them. And when you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses. But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Romans 12: 14
"Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse"

Romans 12: 17
"Do not repay evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody."

Romans 12:19
"Beloved, do you avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, vengeance is Mine, I will repay, says the Lord."

Luke 6:28
Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.


Thank you to all of you for your encouragement and support during this new thing the Father has asked me to do. It took every ounce of courage I had! We will try again next Monday night with a new topic and hopefully it will get a little easier each time. I am so incredibly grateful this morning for what He is doing. To God be the glory...


2 comments:

DeeDee said...

so excited for this new ministry God has given you...to God be the glory my sister in Christ!

Two Become Three said...

Sibi, is there any way to listen to last night's show? I totally miss-set my alarm! :( please let me know! many blessings to you! what a vessel you are!