Monday, November 26, 2007

Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present.

What is today kids? "It's a gift!" "It's a gift Mommy!" And isn't it though? This is the first thing I ask my precious pearls every morning when they wake up. Some mornings are stressful- (I have four children!) some mornings are beyond stressful and other mornings just flow beautifully. But I make it a point each and every morning whether at the breakfast table or while driving to nursery school to ask them this all too important question! What is today? It is a gift. I want them to know that we cannot take each day for granted and neither can we take the people in our lives for granted. When I get overwhelmed at times because I want things to be perfect or special or whatever beautiful vision I have drummed up in my thoughts... I try to remember myself that today is a gift. Tomorrow may or may not come... And I try not to overdo it. I try to let things go. I try to be still and know.... that no matter what, today is a gift from God and I must take the time to enjoy the present that is TODAY.

2 comments:

Jodee said...

I love this post. I very much live for the day too!

Lori said...

What a beautiful post....and GREAT question to ask your children each morning. What a thankful and loving heart you have. :)