Tuesday, August 12, 2008

And Just Like That

And just like that you are all grown up.....
At 5:00 this morning you left for college. Your car was packed from floorboard to ceiling and I'm sure my heart was in there somewhere.  No more ball games where I get to be the cheerleaders- cheerleader or asking you to clean your room, only to have you tell me that it is clean. When I point out that there are still clothes lying around everywhere, I will miss you telling me that those are your "options" for the week. I will miss hearing your contagious laugh and your beautiful voice calling for me. I would know your voice in a crowd of a thousand.
I will miss your music, your dancing, your antics, your silliness and your great big personality that is larger than life. I will miss watching you with your siblings and admiring the way you love them and the way that they love your in return. I will miss your walking into the house and it being like a super star walked in with all of the children running to you and calling your name.  I will miss waiting up for you to come home- or falling asleep waiting for you to come home. Most of all, I will just miss you , your beautiful spirit, and your great big presence that changes the atmosphere every time you walk into the room. I'm counting down the days until you get to come home. I miss you already my precious first born gift......

4 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am praying for you and your daughter. College is such a fun time, but it is a big change too.

Lori said...

Ok, I'm crying here....
I miss her too and I've never even met her. :)

Jodee said...

And I thought Kindergarten this week was hard! I can't even imagine college!

Hang in there, Mama!

elliotts said...

What beautiful words about a truly beautiful daughter...my husband and I just became host parents to a beautiful daughter from Norway. She will be living with us until June 2009. We don't have any children ourselves yet, and now I know we are ready! What a truly wonderful experience.

Thank you for bringing a smile to my face and tears to my eyes today.