Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Project: Something Beautiful




Photo Credit: Martha Stewart

I wanted to thank all of you who have left comments and e-mailed with suggestions and ideas for the next Pearl Event. I so appreciate you all taking the time to do so. I am slowly responding and connecting with each one of you. Please forgive me for taking so long to do so. Our family has had a very busy month of May...

Your support has meant so much and I wanted to share with you that we are still praying and looking for a new place and praying about the date, so I do not have anything set in stone to share with you right now. My apologies. I know that He will make a way where there seems to be no way.  Will you  pray too? I will let you know as soon as a new door opens.  It is my desire to continue with the event! Thank you for your kindness, support, encouragement, ticket purchases, blog posts, tweets, e-mails and phone calls.....it has all meant so much to me. Thank you sweet friends.

In the mean time we wanted to find a way to minister to the hearts of the precious Nashville families who have lost so much.

Have you heard? It is heartbreaking.

I prayed and asked the Lord to show me what He wanted me to do and this is what He showed me.
It's called Project: Something Beautiful

I have spent the last couple of weeks trying to organize everything and trying to coordinate with a special church in that area as the home base to send everything.  The plan was to make a trip in, collect all the items and package them and deliver to the families. This church just happens to be doing A LOT for that community right now and it is taking a little time.

My hope is to collect new and beautiful pajamas for men, women and children and fragrant specialty soaps. We are planning to package them and wrap them with cellophane and ribbon adding a beautiful card with a scripture and a word of encouragement. I have been wrapping gifts this way for years and it is always special to see how just the right scripture ministers to the hearts of the receiver.

I do realize that these little gifts of comfort and joy will not return the homes, cars and items which were lost to these families who have suffered so much. It isn't much compared to the magnitude of what was destroyed.  This idea was just to bring a message of hope and a little something beautiful in a tangible way during this difficult time.


If you are interested in donating items or know of a corporation who would be interested in donating or even have additional ideas please leave a comment or send me an e-mail. I will share the official address once we have it. 

Let the love pour.......

The need is so great.

7 comments:

Simply Mel {Reverie} said...

What an incredibly beautiful idea ~ such a comforting and peaceful sentiment to those who need it so much.

Looking forward to learning more....

Gracie Beth said...

You are so sweet! I have several friends affected by the flooding so I want to do something to give back.

Nancy said...

This truly is Something Beautiful! Count me in :)

Misty said...

A wonderful idea. Of course the daily necessities are SO important but sometimes it's the small luxury items or the tokens of beauty that really heal the heart in tragic times. I will watch for more and would love the opportunity to participate.
Thank you.

Work in progress said...

What a beautiful thing you are doing for those who lost so much! Sure, it may not replace what was lost, but it will mean so much to know that you cared and took the time to put together something so beautiful!

Katie said...

Such a sweet gesture...I love it all. :o)

sarah said...

count me in sweet friend....I love the idea and the intention behind it...its icredibly beautiful!