Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Be Beautiful









Be beautiful. Yes you. Didn't you know that you are beautiful? You are. It is true. Don't hide it inside. Don't worry about what other people say or what they think. Allow that special part of you that has been hidden and tucked away to come out into the light.  Most often the negativity sent out by others has everything to do with them and very little to do with you. It has everything to do with them despising the light that is within you. Let it shine anyway. Be even more beautiful. Be a bright light for your Heavenly Father and a force of beauty to be reckoned with. You are the gift who can change the world. Pay no attention to those who have tried to strip away at your crown and your light and your beauty.
Be beautiful anyway......


OUR DEEPEST FEAR
By~ Marianne Williamson~ A Return to Love.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine, as children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us;
It's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we are liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.



17 comments:

nest of posies said...

ummm, i am thinking we must of been on {somewhat} of the same page this morning. but that is not surprising! i swear i didn't see this post before i sent my text to you this morning!

you are beautiful! and as i said earlier, the Son is shining on us & you this morning. how blessed we are!

xoxo

caycee said...

That was just beautiful!

Hood Canal Gal said...

Beautiful. I feel gods love in your words. Thank you. Today of all days this lightens my heart and makes me stand a little taller. I'm so to have found your blog.....

L @ Salt and Sentiment said...

thank you for your thoughts and encouragment!

Amanda said...

I desperately needed to read that today. Thank you, thank you, thank!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness I so needed this today! Thank you! I might just have to print this out and put it up on my fridge :)

Anonymous said...

this is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing this! I'm going to send it to my sister!

paige said...

i just realized how precious it is--the pictures of both you & your hubby throwing your babies up in the air are side by side..i love it!
xo

GrannySmithGreen said...

Wow!

Sandra said...

Fabulous post. I can just hear her giggle in that picture!

What about Lane Kiffin????? What does your husband think of all this!!!??? xoxo

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Stopping by from Lissa's blog. I love what you have posted in the past few posts.. and I could spend much more time here reading! (but it's late and I've got to get myself to bed.) I will return though...

Blessings,
LMM

The Little Red Shop said...

Thank you for your encouragement today.

God bless you!

: )

Julie M.

Jill said...

thank you...thank you- the words I so desperately needed to hear today...What a joy that the Lord chose you to share them...
Blessings!
Jill

bevy said...

I just ate two poptarts... I don't feel very beautiful! But your post is!

3 Peanuts said...

So beautiful! Thank you...I needed that.

KK said...

Beautiful and something so many of us need to hear, daily!

Oh, and Sibi, you are beautiful! CT misses you!

Anonymous said...

dear sibi~

Thank you so much for recommending that book! I am going to try and get it this weekend! I can't wait to read it! Love, Lissa