Sunday, September 21, 2008

To Know Him As Father

Photo by Jamie Collins
Each time I have the incredible honor and privilege of bringing a precious life into this world
the Lord attempts to break in through the enormous wall that life has built around my heart. He comes in again and again. Through the gift of a child. Through their tiny puffs of air on my neck. Through their tiny fingers grasping mine. Through the infinite amount of trust in their eyes. Through those precious coos and whimpers, and through watching my husband with our little one. How he holds, rocks and cradles. How he kisses, hugs and embraces. How with the birth of each child it brings him to his knees with thanksgiving and gratitude. And although I am demonstrating the same emotions and actions~it is an entirely different experience for me to observe my husband with our children. Time and time again the Lord has used those moments as ministry~as a time of healing and as a time of restoration for my heart. He has also used those moments to teach me and to show me that He is my Father. And that He loves me with a love that is not from this world. No matter what my earthly fathers have or haven't done. No matter how many times I was forgotten, rejected, abused or abandoned. No matter what is on my birth certificate or whether anyone was happy or sad the day I was born. He is my Father~ and that just as my husband is so joyful, so mindful and so proud. So is my Heavenly Father~ joyful, mindful and proud of me. So many of us are without an earthly father and for many different reasons, but there is One who will never leave you nor forsake you. There is One whose heart is turned toward you and One who is longing for you to know Him in that way~ as Father. His love cannot be measured. It is deeper than deep for you and me. His love is no respecter of persons. He loves us- each and every one. He fashioned us and created us on purpose and for a purpose. Here is one of my favorite scriptures and one that He uses to remind me of His love....I pray that it speaks to you today.
For you formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb. I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are your works, and that my soul knows very well. My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought from the lowest parts of the earth. Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they were all written, the days fashioned for me, when as yet there were none of them. How precious also are Your thoughts to me, Oh God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake I am still with You. ~ Psalm 139:13-18
To my five beautiful gifts... Macey, Bella Grace, Bennett, Emma Pearl and Ashton- May you never doubt our love for you precious ones- It is infinite. May you never wonder if you were wanted- you were- with every fiber of our being we wanted each one of you. May you always know in your mind, heart, spirit and soul that you were created with such great purpose and such tremendous destiny and nothing will ever change that. Most importantly may you come to know the everlasting love of your incredible Heavenly Father and receive every good and perfect gift that He has stored up for you. May your cup overflow all the days of your life precious ones. Love, Mommy

13 comments:

Cori said...

What a beautiful post!! It is a wonderful reminder of the One who will not disappoint us as humans do. Your children are very blessed to be so loved and cherished. They will be able to love well when they are older, because you first loved them well when they were young. I hope everything with the new baby is going well.

Jodee said...

What a sweet post for your kids. They are soooo blessed to have you as their Mom!

LovesPINKandPEARLS said...

this just melted my heart!

nest of posies said...

Your children will have no doubt that their parents love them more then anything. Not just by your beautiful words, but by your actions.
Love to all.

Love Being A Nonny said...

How sweet it is to be loved by your earthly parents and your Heavenly Father. Thank you for sharing this from your heart.
angela

paige said...

just beautiful!

Unknown said...

what an incredible, special post! i can't wait to experience that blessing some day. those are some of my favorite scripture verses as well. i loved reading this today!

Ainsley* said...

WOW!! what an inspirational message!! I have struggled for many years being a teenage girl without an earthly father. At the age of 19 i still wonder to this day how life would be with one. After reading this you have really touched my inner desire to long for that father, our heavenly one! Thankyou for sharing you've helped more then you know!
ps. i have never commented before i just started reading your blog the other day, i now know why!
-Ainsley

3 Peanuts said...

This is a beautiful and an inspirational post and one that I needed!

Thank you for having your beautiful faith.
Kim

Lori said...

Your children and husband and all who know you are so blessed!!

I left you an award on my blog. :)

Denise C said...

Oh what precious words from your beautiful heart!!!
Thank you for sharing with us! You are so inspiring!!!
Blessings,
Denise

Beaufort Belle said...

How precious a gift...just beautiful.

By the way...come back and check out my blog again. :D

The Mrs. said...

That was such a beautiful post. I love your blog because you really make me appreciate mothering and what a gift it is.