Thursday, September 4, 2008

The First Week

What a week. So many things happening at once. My heart has been so heavy trying to give and do for each and every person in the family. Balance. That's a good word. I'm trying to learn how to do that in a better way. Trying to let go of any feelings of guilt-as that is no way to live at all. Trying to capture, embrace and hold on to these first fleeting moments. I have found myself holding each and every one of them in my arms ~ Tighter. Longer. More often. It all goes by so fast. My first gift calls from college almost every night. Wish for the years back with her. I would do it all so much better~knowing what I know now. But wouldn't we all. That is the thorn in the rose of our lives. By the time we figure it out~ that unconditional love and time well spent is all that matters ~ they are already grown and into the next phase of life. Wish they could put a box of that on the toy shelf at Target for every parent to see.  It would be a best seller.....
**************************************
I wanted to say "thank you" to each and every one of you for your beautiful comments and for all of the congratulations on the birth of our son. Your kind words have meant so much to me and have been a source of encouragement during this time. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I have printed them out to place in his baby book! A special thank you to One Fabulous Mom and A Journey To Our Daughter for the "announcements" they placed on their blogs to welcome our son. It made my heart sing. Thank you friends and I hope to catch up with my blogging and commenting very soon. I'm taking time to hold my Prince right now........

17 comments:

Becky said...

Could your babies be any cuter or sweeter? They look very well-loved and happy, so you're doing a fantastic job.
Thanks for the update! I love your blog!

Denise C said...

OH your sweet little blessings are absolutely beautiful! What sweet little smiles!!
I am certain each day is so full of many sweet blessings for all of you.....you are such a precious Mommy...your children are very blessed!!!
Sending you hugs and love, Sebi!
Blessings,
Denise

Gracie Beth said...

Your children are so beautiful! I am sure you are doing a wonderful job!

Amanda said...

You are so right! Enjoy this time, it does fly...Congratulations.
Amanda

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am glad things are going well! Your children are just precious! I am glad your oldest is doing well in college and is adjusting to her new school.

Enjoy your week!

Lori said...

I love the sweet picture of your "gifts" and I'm glad Macey is doing well at school, I'm sure you miss her just terribly and certainly she's enjoying life, but misses home as well. Yes, there are things we all wish we could re-do, especially with our children. We do the best we know how to at the time....and then just have to remember "His mercies never come to an end...they are new every morning, GREAT is THY faithfulness...."
(hahaa, I'm singing...so be glad now that we're NOT neighbors!!) LOL
Blessing my friend, for a day of peace and some rest. :)

sugar said...

You touched my heart with the words of wisdom. You said it beautifully and conveyed a feeling deep in my heart, also. Enjoy these precious days. I remember spending more time in the play pen or holding mine when they were babies, and I'd still go back and spend more time with them, knowing what I know now. I had a friend give me a poem to frame at the time...Cobwebs calm down, dust go to sleep I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep. I thought I got it at the time, but now I see that I didn't fully.

That chair full of babies is just beautiful!

elliotts said...

LOVE the pictures of your children...they are just precious! Enjoy every minute with them!!

Hope you've had a great week!

Sandra said...

My gosh - you have a beautiful family! Here's a little something I thought you might enjoy:

Cleaning & scrubbing can wait till tomorrow...
for babies grow up, we've learned to our sorrow...
So quiet down cobwebs...
Dust go to sleep...
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep...

Anonymous said...

I'm Belén from Spain.

I understand you so much...I'm a mum of four and the fourth one was born when the first one was 6 years old...I remember that I was ( and I am of course) very happy, but there were difficult moments becauss altough I had always a person with me I wanted to do every single thing concerned to my children...

The photo is, as always, perfect¡¡¡

A very big kiss from Belén

nest of posies said...

Oh, my goodness, gracious! I had to click on that photo to enlarge it. I want to hold them all, Sebi.
All the siblings eyes are full of excitement, you can just see it. I can't wait to see them in person.
What true gifts we have received!

3 Peanuts said...

First, that is a darling photo of your children. I'll bet it is hard having one away at college. I love what you wrote about though. Having an 11 year old and a 2 year old....I do know that the moments are so fleeting. I know I am a better Mom now. You are blessed to have had the lessons of time.

Blessings,
Kim

ms. mindless said...

just discovered your blog today. what a precious family. how blessed you are!

The Mrs. said...

My pleasure. I just think it is so amazing when a new person comes into the world! A blessing for everyone! me included!

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hi!
Oh what a beautiful family you have!
I also love your blog!
Please stop by and say hi!
Hope you have a great night!

Chesnye said...

What a beautiful photo of your children. I love to visit your site, it is just an inspiration for all the Mama's everywhere.

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful beautiful picture of the cherubs! How great is our God! Love & Blessings!!