Sunday, June 22, 2008

The First Dance Recital

This was Bella Grace's very first time performing on"live stage" as she likes to refer to it! 
(She is the 5th one from the left!) She was a dancing "Belle" and danced to the theme song from Beauty and the Beast. I love this picture of her! She is so serious about her dancing and she looks like a picture perfect ballerina here.  She is very tall, elegant and graceful and absolutely loves to dance.
I tried to get as many pictures as I could given the fact that they asked that there be no photography during the recital. Surely they must be kidding!  I tried my best to behave but this was too precious.
Here she is in her second number. Tap class.
She tapped to Shirley Temple's "Animal Crackers". I cried through most of the recital! 
Mainly because I could not believe this was my baby up there on stage dancing away and secondly
because it was just about the most precious thing I have ever had the privilege of watching.
Can you stand this costume?
The finale!
Big Sister Macey waiting in the lobby to deliver flowers from her biggest fans!
A few of the friends who attended her recital and then came by afterwards
for her party to help us celebrate!

2 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

How sweet! I remember my first dance recital, they are so much fun!

I hope you all are doing well!

Lori said...

What a special night for your family, the pictures are just darling and yes, how hard it must have been to not take pictures! The Tap outfit is just too precious, she looks so adorable and so graceful...I'm sure it was pure delight to share in this special night with her!!