Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Pearl Event Pictures

First I want to apologize for the delay in posting. All I can say is that life has taken over and we have walked through some adversity in the past month. I thank you all for your sweet comments and your e-mails and want you to know how much it means to me. Here are a few pictures of the special night. I have about a 15 minute video that we have pieced together to give you a feel of the event that we are hoping to have posted here in the next day or two. We have had to convert, re-do, start over, try again and the list goes on and on! So again, sorry for the delay with everything.

I would like to share that there was tremendous opposition leading up to this night as the enemy was not very happy with me. Talk about pushing through. I really struggled. I almost called it off half a dozen times. I told myself and my husband- "I can't do this!" "It's too much!" (on more than one occasion.) I remember how The Father would gently encourage me and confirm His word to me over and over again. I would regain my courage and then something else would happen - another Pastor would make a rude comment or laugh at me and I would just crumble inside. I remember telling The Lord- "I am not going to do this! Obviously I did not hear you correctly!" I remember how He would encourage me again and again and give me the same instructions and the same visions over and over again and somehow, by His grace- it happened.

I did every single thing He asked me to do. It was His night and I wanted with all of my heart just to be obedient. I loved how detailed He was. The flowers, the pearls, the rose petals, the music, the candles. It was all so beautiful. I was honored, humbled, overwhelmed and scared to death all at the same time. I said to the Lord at least a hundred times- "What if no one attends Lord? What should I do? What do you want me to do then Lord?"- The only words He spoke to my heart were "Trust me." I felt like I was building an ark. It was not easy. There was very little support and I am going to take a giant leap of faith and say most people thought I was crazy. They were right. Crazy for Him.

I remember walking into the hotel that Sunday night , after all the praying and all the fasting and all the adversity, and all the trusting and the stretching of my faith and seeing a room filled with beautiful, precious women. I could not believe my eyes. I walked in and turned around and walked out with tears streaming down my face. He did it. He did what He said He was going to do. I had to spend a moment with Him to say thank you and to also tell Him how sorry I was. I'm sorry for doubting . I'm sorry for being of little faith. I'm sorry for almost calling it off. I'm sorry for not believing You. I'm sorry for thinking that You would leave me high and dry. I'm sorry for not standing on Your word. I'm sorry for not trusting You Lord. You are so faithful Father.

There were so many parts of the night that I could call my favorite. One was throwing rose petals on all of the women. Another was the "adorning" with pearl necklaces, another was the special video we created, the list goes on and on. I felt that a small piece of Heaven touched earth that night. I was so blessed to meet so many precious "pearls" that evening. I was overwhelmed by how they shared their hearts, stories and prayer requests with me at the end of the night. My only regret is that I did not get to personally meet or speak with each and every woman. I pray that I will have that opportunity in the days to come.

I will write more, post more pictures and hopefully the video next. (If we can get it to work!) I am knee deep in motherhood and celebrations and life and want so desperately to catch up here as well as with each one of you. I will do my best. With love and rose petals....

17 comments:

Jo said...

After many weeks I'm still saddened that I wasn't able to attend due to the snow storm. I am very aware that I missed "something" and convinced that I need to hear your words. I hope that you will speak again in the future and I will be there to benefit.

Fondly,
Jo

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have so missed reading your blog and keeping up with your precious family. I also had wondered how your event went, so I was thrilled to get your post this morning. I will look forward to more about your event later. Thanks so much for sharing and I am sorry for any problems on your end. Hugs to you! God is so faithful! Glad things worked out, despite the snowstorm. Love & blessings from NC!

Jodee said...

Wow! It sounds like you had a fabulous night! I can't wait to see the video!

The Cape House said...

The flowers and petals look absolutely beautiful. It sounds like an amazing event and I certainly look forward to hearing/seeing more. Thank you for the update!

bb4mich said...

So good to hear from you! Can't wait to see the video!

Love,
Michelle

Lisa said...

What lovely pictures. I know you were a blessing to every woman there.

Gracie Beth said...

The event looks lovely I am even sadder now that I can see the lovely pictures that I was unable to attend!

Kathie Truitt said...

I knew you would pull it off, Sibi. No doubt in my mind.

I wish I could have been there. But I KNOW I'll get a chance to see you - I have a feeling you'll have the opportunity to do it again somewhere a bit closer.

I can't wait to see the video.

Also, isn't it strange how sometimes Satan uses other Christians to get his 'digs in?

Hugs,
Kathie

Grace at Home said...

I so wish I had been there. It truly sounds like it was just a beautiful evening in all aspects. I'm really looking forward to having a taste of the night through your video.

lizziefitz said...

Thanks again for the beautiful reminder of God's unending faithfulness. I too was just in a moment of doubt when I read this post...reality jolt. Much appreciated!

Preppy Mama said...

Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see the video. I was so upset that I got sick and couldn't attend. Thank you for being so kind.

Becky said...

Sebi, I can't wait to see the video. I so wish I could have been there -- I need some of those pearls and rose petals and the gentle touch of God's hand these days...life is rough and all of those things seem so soft and welcoming!

Valerie said...

I was so excited to see your post!

Just last night, I actually linked to your blog b/c I was afraid that I was missing updates! When I saw that you just hadn't posted, I was relieved. As a momma to four little ones and one "big" one (i.e. young adult) that need you, it is no wonder you've been wrapped up in things at home!

I absolutely can't wait to see the video and be touched once again by your warm and caring spirit.

Blessings to you from Kansas,
Valerie

Nancy said...

Sibi:
Oh I have missed you so. Not a day goes by that I do not regret the fact due to the storm I could not make it. I made a promise to myself that I would fly anywhere to see you next time. I hope all is ok and I can't wait to see the video.

With much love
Nancy

Elizabeth said...

I was just thinking of you today, my friend! I got teary eyed reading your post. I can't wait to see more pictures and the video!

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I am so glad your event went well! I wish that I could have been there, but I am excited to watch the video!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Broccoli Cupcake said...

Obviously this is an old post, but I'm so glad I stumbled upon it just now. I'm walking through the same fears and issues of trust right now. I'm excited and terrified at the same time and this was so encouraging. Thanks for sharing your heart even it was months ago. I needed to read this today.