Monday, May 5, 2008

Lots to celebrate!

I celebrated another birthday this past Friday and I have to say that I am so thankful for it.  Next weekend is Mother's Day and then the next is our anniversary! I truly enjoy the month of May and of course it is my favorite month of the year. The older I get the less important the day is and the more grateful I am just to have another day with my husband and our four children. This birthday itself was nothing special but my heart was full of gratitude just to be alive. Filled with a new level of thankfulness as I am reaching closer and closer to a major milestone birthday. There was so much I wanted to accomplish between last year and this year, none of which I did accomplish~ but I have tiny arms wrapped around my neck every morning and that is more than one could ever ask for. Their sweet faces staring at me remind me that even though I do not have a degree hanging on the wall, and I do not have any worldly accomplishments, I am important in the life of a child. Four of them. This is my calling and He has anointed me to do it. The rewards come in hugs and kisses and midnight feedings. Preschool hand prints on paper plates and the sound of tiny feet running down the stairs for breakfast each morning. I love the sight, sounds and smells of parenting. My heart is permanently impressed with the greatest birthday gift one could ever ask for..... the gift of Motherhood.

7 comments:

Lauren @ Adventures of a Southern Newlywed said...

I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day! What a fun month to celebrate Mother's Day, your Birthday, and your anniversary!

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday to one amazing Mama! I hope you have a fun and relaxing Mother's Day too!

Lori said...

Happy Birthday my friend~ how beautifully written are your thoughts of this special time!! :)

Lori said...

I don't remember if I wished you a Happy Mother's Day?! So, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! :D

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

Bless your sweet heart. You are SO right....there is NOTHING more important...than being a Mom. No career....no amount of money....no worldly possessions...could EVER measure up.

Have a WONDERFUL Mother's Day.

Kim~

The Mrs. said...

Your post is so beautiful and gracious I just love it. I'm so glad I read it! Needed it!

Denise C said...

I am sure you had the most amazing Mother's Day with your sweet children!!!
And...how neat that your anniversary is this weekend...ours is as well! May 16th! It has been 16 years of married bliss for us!
How about you???
Have a most blessed day!