Friday, March 11, 2011

Hurry Home







I wanted to pop in and wish you all a happy weekend!

We are anxiously awaiting Daddy's arrival home tonight. He has been away all week and is only home for two days and is leaving again for another week. I am especially excited to have him home since the minute he left our entire family came down with Stomach Bug 2011.

I'm not sure I can put into words what all has transpired here this week but I know that if were not
for His grace .....

I will spare you the details.

Amen.

The good news is that it's finally March! A huge turning point for me each year. The first day of spring is coming up in another week or so and daylight savings time is this weekend. The weather is finally warming up and the days are longer and I feel like I can start to get out of the house a little more.

I wanted to ask you if you would please say a few prayers for a supernatural week for us next week. The kiddies are all out of school for spring break and Daddy will be out of town the entire week.

This will be the first time since Preston's arrival that I will be solo with everyone for two weeks in a row.
Add in the exhaustion of five children with the stomach bug. No sleep. Cooking. Cleaning. Laundry and nursing a newborn and I am just a little nervous about next week.

They took everything I had this week!

I may have to pull a "Scarlet O'Hara" and "take to my bed" this weekend!!!

I have made a little list of special things to do for them and with them and I am going to try my best
to offer a somewhat enjoyable break from school.

I have the most energy (Ha!) in the mornings so I think we will head out for mini field trips in the a.m. and then come home for lunch and naps and then out to the park each afternoon with scooters and bicycles and "The Preston" in his stroller!

Here's hoping it all goes well. I'll let you know and will post pictures if I can hold my eyes open!


Happy Spring!


14 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

I have you penciled in my calendar for each day of the week next week. I will pray that as you rise each morning(way too early I'm sure) that you will feel the peace and presence and patience of Jesus. And that the behavior of your pearls is more than good! God bless you. You are not solo next week...our Jesus goes before you. Much love,

3 Peanuts said...

You have my prayers sweet Sibi!

Nancy said...

Oh Sibi:
Praying that Big Daddy can be home every night very soon. Wishing I could help in some way, but for now praying for a peaceful week. Everytime it feels like too much, just know all of your pearl girls are your prayer warriors and He is right there. You are so inspirational, bless you.
XOXO
Nancy

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Oh beautiful Sibi with the beautiful family!!! How I feel your pain/empathize--my husband deployed when my baby; was just a few days old for 6 months, and it about killed me. I thank God for his grace and provision.

I have only 3 kids as of today (HA!--we want to continue to grow our family through more babies and adoption, too!) and can't even imagine what you are going through, but I want to tell you what an inspiration you are, even though I know some days it's got to be so tough, especially with your husband gone/sick kids.

If I were semi-close by I would come to help you.

I honestly would!

but, alas, I'm out of the country living in Italy until the end of September!!!!!

But, when I come back, I will come help you at some point. I'm not a stalker, i promise! :)

Aren't you in TN? I'm just a hop and a skip away (well, when I'm in the US) in Huntsville!

Until then, please know that you will be in my prayers/in our family's prayers.

I have SO LOVED all the photos of baby Preston with his siblings!!!


Truly a gift!!!

YOU are a gift!


Hang in there--you are very loved by us here in blogworld I know Jesus holds a special place for you because you have been such an IMMENSE witness for the Kingdom!!

Blessings/prayers,
Lana

Charity said...

Oh honey, I am so sorry. My heart just aches, I wish I was there to help. I will pray hard for you this week and I am home so call if you need a mommy break.

Sleep all weekend,
Cha Cha

Maria said...

Oh my goodness! Oh my goodness! Praying, praying, praying. xoxo

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Hang in there, Sibi. I only have 2 girls, but I so remember those "crazy" days when they were little. God will give you strength and will ALWAYS be there for you. I find comfort in knowing that God will NEVER give us more than we can handle and He will guide us along the way. Just think of how special your time will be with the children next week.....doing fun things together. Those are the things they will remember in years to come Sibi. I am praying for you. Love & blessings from NC!

lizziefitz said...

Girl friend, There are no words! XOXOXO

just ask beth said...

Praying hard for a wonderful week!! I remember doing that 2 years ago and my girls were 12, 9, and 5 and that was hard and yours are still babies.. good luck!

Tiffany said...

Amen to this!!! ....
Love Being A Nonny said...
I have you penciled in my calendar for each day of the week next week. I will pray that as you rise each morning(way too early I'm sure) that you will feel the peace and presence and patience of Jesus. And that the behavior of your pearls is more than good! God bless you. You are not solo next week...our Jesus goes before you.
Beautiful words for you Sibi...praying too...Mrs.B

Kathie Truitt said...

I was giving a speech this morning, and for some reason right before I went on stage I thought of you. I mean it just came out of the blue, and I stopped and prayed for you. I asked God to give you patience, gratitude and stamina, and to realize that what you do is so important to so many people.

Michelle said...

Hoping you are surviving this week. It is so hard when Daddy is away (even now with my children older, I feel that way.)

Karena said...

Oh what a wonderful good looking family!! It is so special and poignant.....

Come and enter to win my luscious Bath & Body giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

lizziefitz said...

Thinking of you, BIG HUGS!