Monday, August 24, 2009

Your Gifts

Did you know that you were created with beautiful gifts? Yes you. Beautiful, incredible, amazing, talented, gifted you! Did you know that there are many gifts on the inside of you? Some of you may have already discovered your gifts and may be walking in them! Some of you may be wondering what on earth your gifts are or even if you even have any at all. I want to encourage you today and remind you that you were created on purpose and with a purpose. God has a plan for your life. You have incredible destiny attached to your life! He has equipped you with beautiful gifts! For those of you who assume you do not have any, you absolutely do. They sit waiting to be discovered like hidden treasures! God did not make some of us with gifts and some of us without! You have everything you need to fulfill God's plan for your life on the inside of you. Sometimes we are blessed with amazing parents or family members who "see" our gifts while we are young children and then nurture them and help us to grow in our giftings. Some may "discover" their gifts as they go throughout life. For others, sometimes our gifts are made known through adversity. Maybe you have struggled in life. You may have a story to share. Maybe you have experienced incredible suffering. You may have a ministry. Maybe you have suffered tremendous hardship, sickness or disease. You may have a healing gift. Maybe you have been through the unthinkable things in life. Perhaps you have a book inside. Maybe you have suffered tremendous hardship in life ~ I bet before the first time adversity hit your life, He had already given you the gifts of mercy and compassion. You may have a pastoral calling.

Did you know that the word says that your gift will make room for you? Proverbs 18:16. Your gift WILL make room for you. We do not have to push, pull or force our way through life. Our gifts will make room for us. I love this reminder. It is so powerful. Another way to interpret this would be to consider that whatever it is that God has called you to do, He has equipped you with the gifts, abilities and talent to do it and your gifts will make room for you. Did you also know that our gifts come without repentance? Isn't that amazing? There isn't anything we can do to earn our gifts. There isn't anything we can give God so that He would give us our gifts~ they are already yours. He created you with them and they do not cost a thing.

As you read this are you wondering what your gifts are?

A hint would be to take a look into your heart. What makes your heart sing? What do you absolutely love to do? What do you love to do so much so that you could do it every single day for the rest of your life and for free? What do you feel a pull towards? What makes you light up in life?

Here are some statements to help get you started. Just fill in the blanks....

1. If I knew I wouldn't fail I would__________________

2. I've always dreamed of __________________

3. If I had the money I would _________________

4. If I had the courage I would _________________________

5. If I had the love, support and encouragement I would try to ______________

Your answer lies within......

Sometimes in life we just need someone else to help push us into our destiny. Sometimes we just need someone else to be our cheerleader or to believe in us enough to speak those words of encouragement when we can't do it ourselves. Sometimes, all it takes is for someone else to see in us what our heart has been longing for all along but we were too afraid to take the chance. Sometimes in life, we sit on pause or on standby waiting for someone to give us permission to do what we love to do. That is a powerful thought......

I leave you with love, light, encouragement and permission to be the beautiful, incredible, talented and gifted woman that He has called you to be. May you walk in every good and perfect gift that he created you with from the very beginning.

A man's gift makes room for him , and brings him before great men.~ Proverbs 18:16

10 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh how I have missed you!!! This post is so timely. Because of your words I have found my gifts and have seen The Lord in a whole new way.

I hope that you and the pearls are getting settled in your new home. I can't wait to hear more :) Your words are what sings to me.

Love
Nancy

nest of posies said...

well...just like that...back at it. with a beautiful vision for us all to read.

not only with this post, but with your life (especially here lately) you have been able to accomplish what many could not. you are an incredibly strong, vibrant, and compassionate mother. you have been able to see what was in store for you & your family, you have soooo many gifts that you do daily, weekly, and monthly. can't wait to see what's in store for YOU mrs. p&g. you are such the go-getter in every way! nice to have you back!

Kathie Truitt said...

Oh Sibby, thank God you are back. I was worried about you and so missed your pearls of grace and wisdom.

I really needed this today. I'm glad to see that you are using your gift, even though I know it is probably difficult to indulge at times with small children.

Love to you and yours,

Kathie

Love Being A Nonny said...

Welcome back. I was so excited to see that you had posted.

I am learning to be content with the gifts I have been given. Thank you for this post!

GrannySmithGreen said...

Ahh, a breath of fresh air just wafted by! It was your loving post!

You are so talented and blessed, or should I say gifted. I think you know what your talents are and I am so grateful that you use them!

We have missed you, kind friend! So glad you are closer and HOME!

Lisa said...

Thank you for sharing this beautiful post today! I so needed it!

Beth Dunn said...

That is so nice! Lovely post xo

3 Peanuts said...

This is a lovely and timely post. I love it. ne of your gifts is ministering to others. That is so clear.

nomo wino daph said...

Love your post, your such an inspiration!

Hope your day is wonderful!

paige said...

so beautiful!